Part 1: Taste of future cooking, Cooking competition event
The purpose of this module is to combine traditional professional cooking techniques and modern methods. Students will plan, prepare and present safe, appealing food that reflects contemporary food trends.
On successful completion of this module student is able to:
- knife skills, most common cutting techniques
- group working skills (nationality inside the group, different cultures)
- mise en place skills, set up, service, cleanup
- nature as a part of food making (respect of local products)
- present cooking techniques combined with past and future skills
- use different methods to prepare components for plated dishes or menus
Teaching and learning strategy
The students learn the skills in practice by working in versatile food preparation tasks. They prepare, cook and display food and combine traditional and professional cooking techniques with modern methods.
Students produce and share digital material using a creative commons (CC) license in different networks and social media platforms.
Teaching and learning strategy combines pedagogical models that simulate working life and encourage students’ team spirit, motivation and activity.
MODULE 4: INTRODUCTION
ECVET (EQF Level 4)
- In order to apply for the Open Badge, the student must have some web platform (for example Google Drive, Office365, OneDrive) or a blog to report or make a presentation on a subject applied for.
- The Badge application is linked to the above report or presentation
- Click on the badge icon you want to apply for
- You will find more information about the badge you are applying for
- Click on “open criteria in new window"
- Fill out the application and link the attachment file (report, presentation, blog)
Click on a badge icon below to see it's Learning goals, Required evidence and Fill the application form
Open Badges for TASTE OF FUTURE COOKING COMPETITION
Open Badges for POP UP EVENT